In order for a business to grow and achieve its strategic goals, it needs strong foundations. Organisational structure and its management, evolution and maintenance are closely linked to success. The Advanced Award in Organisation Design and Development delivers in-depth insight into how organisation design impacts both day-to-day and long-term activities.
Through a comprehensive exploration of theory and practical deployment, this course will furnish you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to deliver immediate and impactful results. This programme is particularly beneficial for those managing change or reviewing organisational culture.
This is a fast-track qualification programme, which means you need only attend one week of London based face-to-face workshops with the remaining assessment completed within eight weeks after the workshops.
- 26 November 2018 – London
- 18 February 2019 – London
- 13 May 2019 – London
- 12 August 2019 – London
- £3,495 + VAT
On completion of the programme, you will be able to:
- understand the theoretical basis of organisation design and development and apply a context in terms of value and contribution to organisational life
- identify and utilise available design options regarding organisational structures and relationships
- put in place processes and systems that are necessary to maintain structures and relationships, and evaluation of same
- utilise methods and procedures of organisation development and review their strategic impact
- support change management through the application of organisation development strategies
- exhibit an understanding of organisational culture, norms and behaviours
- recognise the importance of the HR role in advising on these design and development choices and be able to support their implementation.
CIPD Advanced Level Award in Human Resources (Organisation Design and Development)
Sylvia combines extensive commercial, management, OD and HR experience with outstanding credentials as a developer. Her commercial experience draws on 25 years’ international work in the retail, manufacturing, financial services, education, pharmaceutical, legal, charity, energy, health and engineering industries and across both private and public sector organisations. She has owned and successfully managed her own retail business and currently her organisational development (OD) consultancy. Sylvia spends her time between developing OD and HR practitioners (development interventions, shadow consulting and coaching), conducting OD and Organisation Design projects (enabling organisations and individuals to fulfil on their objectives and increase their performance), as well as undertaking leadership development and coaching. Sylvia has worked in most industries and types of organisations ranging from a retailer with over 485K employees to a specialist consultancy with only 22 people.