Organisation Design and Development Summer School
Welcome to the week that changes everything. Take your place in our residential Summer School and cram a career-defining wealth of OD knowledge into a single week’s learning.
- Choose to study in Manchester or Windsor
- Join us for an intensive week of face-to-face workshops
- Complete the rest of the programme via distance learning
If you’re time-poor or based overseas, this is the perfect opportunity to keep enriching your skills at the sharp end of OD. We’ll share the latest thinking in the field, giving you the knowledge and confidence to structure and steer your organisation through growth, change and uncertainty.
It’s a memorable week in every way. By day, you’ll explore emerging trends and industry-critical issues with like-minded OD professionals from around the world. The long summer evenings are yours to explore all of the cultural, historic and gastronomic delights of your chosen destination.
Our Summer Schools are one of our most popular programmes and places fill up fast. To secure yours, scroll down to Enquire Now at the bottom of the page.
“I just wanted to thank you for the course – it’s been great. Congratulations! The tutor did a great job and the content is proving really useful.“
Talent Development Manager, Ferrovial Corporate University, Madrid
The package includes:
- 5 nights accommodation
- All daytime meals and refreshments, plus one dinner
- Personal tutor support with coaching
- Assessment and course materials
- Access to dedicated Virtual Learning Environment for 3 months.
You can also study the CIPD Advanced Award in Organisation Design and Development programme though our London based fast-track qualification. Learn more
Get an insight into how organisation design can impact on day-to-day and long-term activities. Via a comprehensive exploration of the theoretical understanding of organisation development and design issues, together with practical knowledge and skills, you’ll gain the competence and confidence to deliver immediate, tangible results to your organisation. This is particularly beneficial for those managing change or reviewing organisational culture.
- 14 August 2017 – Beaumont Estate, Berkshire
- £4,350 + VAT (Includes accommodation)
On completion of the programme, you will be able to:
- understand the theoretical basis of organisation design and development and apply a context in terms of value and contribution to organisational life
- identify and utilise available design options regarding organisational structures and relationships
- put in place processes and systems that are necessary to maintain structures and relationships, and evaluation of same
- utilise methods and procedures of organisation development and review their strategic impact
- support change management through the application of organisation development strategies
- exhibit an understanding of organisational culture, norms and behaviours
- recognise the importance of the HR role in advising on these design and development choices and be able to support their implementation.
CIPD Advanced Level Award in Human Resources (Organisation Design and Development)
Sylvia combines extensive commercial, management, OD and HR experience with outstanding credentials as a developer. Her commercial experience draws on 25 years’ international work in the retail, manufacturing, financial services, education, pharmaceutical, legal, charity, energy, health and engineering industries and across both private and public sector organisations. She has owned and successfully managed her own retail business and currently her organisational development (OD) consultancy. Sylvia spends her time between developing OD and HR practitioners (development interventions, shadow consulting and coaching), conducting OD and Organisation Design projects (enabling organisations and individuals to fulfil on their objectives and increase their performance), as well as undertaking leadership development and coaching. Sylvia has worked in most industries and types of organisations ranging from a retailer with over 485K employees to a specialist consultancy with only 22 people.